- Low marijuana prices mean easy access for children and youth. You can currently get two joints for as little as $7, and this could get as low as $4.50. This is an issue we cannot afford to ignore.
- Weed shops are not coffee shops. Marketing and advertising by drug dealers should NOT be allowed. Federal cannabis legalization and commercialization is putting public health and safety at risk.
- “From my perspective, from my colleagues’ perspective, this legislation (on cannabis) is being pushed through. We’re just very worried that we’re conducting a national experiment and unfortunately the guinea pigs are kids,” says Dr. Diane Kelsal, Editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal.
- If you can’t tell the difference between regular gummy bears and edible weed gummy bears, your kids definitely cannot.
- Marijuana is so close to our elementary schools that there’s enough time to walk back and forth in a short recess. We do NOT want drugs near our children or schools.